Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bikini Dishes


Artist:
Bikini Kill
Title: The Singles
Released in: 1998
Who's a Riot Grrl: Me

Selections from the Collected Works of Bikini Kill

That girl thinks shes the queen of the neighborhood
She's got the hottest trike in town
That girl she holds her head up so high
I think I wanna be her best friend

Rebel girl, rebel girl
Rebel girl you are the queen of my world

----------------------------

Do you believe there's anything beyond troll guy reality?
I do, I do, I do

It gets so hard just to be OK
Sometimes being happy, baby, is what I'm most afraid of....

Just cause my world, sweet sister, is so f***ing goddamn full of rape
Doesn't mean my body
Has to be
A source of pain.

-----------------------------------

Regimented
Designated
Mass acceptance
Overrated
Lip synch: apology
Lip synch: salutations
Lip synch: teen anthem
Lip synch: obligation

-----

FIN


No comments: